Welcome, Friends

-----
We live in an age where, more than ever, people are seeking autonomy.
An age where people are becoming more aware that the times, unlike any before, are nigh. People are seeking independence, yes, and striving for self-sufficiency. With a sense of urgency.

We have people loosening their grip upon Big Brother, Big Corps and Big Pharma ... with some letting go completely. We have holistic healthers, homesteaders, off-gridders, preppers, stockers, and super-staunch survivalists emerging.

This blog is for those who understand we will never achieve any form of independence unless we surrender ourselves to dependency.
This is the place, and point, where the lines of autonomy and faith collide.

-----

June 27, 2010

TEOTWAWKI

For the past five years or so, I have been an avid reader of everything I could get my eyes on pertaining to prepping and self-sufficiency.   Everything from articles to books to blogs to forums to magazines.  Everything.

It would be difficult to provide a list of all the places I frequent because it grows daily.  I'm always finding something new (or somewhere new) to read and learn.

The more I learned, the more I realized how little I knew.  And the more I prepared, the more I realized how little I was prepared.  The more I stocked, the more I realized how little I had in stock.

As fascinating as it all was to me, I simply could not keep up with some people's provisions and suggestions.  I only thought I was avid.  I would never reach their level of autonomy and self-sufficiency.

I would never find the perfect hiding place.  I would never find the perfect, safe land.  I would never have three years of food in stock.  I would never have ten pistols, and thirteen rifles.  I would never have 1000 rounds of ammunition for each weapon.  I would never accrue the equipment and supplies and tools some of these people had.  Or the knowledge.  Or the skills.   

TEOTWAWKI (the-end-of-the-world-as-we-know-it) was fast approaching, and I didn't feel fine.

I was doomed.  I was scared. 

Then it hit me:  I had become terribly concerned ... consumed, even ... about how to extend, preserve, protect, and sustain this human, physical life of mine.   

My life.  And my children's lives; my family's lives.

Consumed in fear, I had become a slave.

Me ... of little faith.

At one time I knew better.  Way better.  What changed? When did it change? And why?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment.